Monday, May 10, 2010

Ocala, FL Letter #12 May 10, 2010

Hello again, long time no talk (ha-ha)
Well, I am glad I was able to talk to everyone yesterday afternoon. It was good to hear everyone’s voices again. I was also glad I was able to answer so many questions. Everyone seemed as if they are doing great! I pretty much gave ya'll the update on Sunday, but this past week has been great. I did find out that I would not be transferring this next week, so my address and companion will remain the same.

I think I told you in an earlier letter that the “warcraft guy” (the one I taught with using Warcraft terms) is being baptized this Wednesday. Therefore, that is a big perk for this upcoming week. His name is Sean and he is about 30 years old. So that will be a great thing for Wednesday!

My companion “Little Porter” is now going to go see a back surgeon to see what his opinion is of his back problems. We will have that appointment this week as well. I hope Elder Porter’s back heals soon and that he will not need surgery on his back.

I’m pretty sad that the other Elder Porter in our apartment is leaving this transfer. We got to be really good friends since we have been in the same apartment together. It is fun because we have a lot of the same interests. He will be missed for sure.

This month I will have my last President Newman interview before he ships off. Which is kinda weird but exciting. He will be leaving sometime in June; I am not sure the exact date. I have really liked President Newman as my President. He is a really great guy. I'm really not liking this Florida weather at all; it gets too hot and humid. I am kinda thankful this is my last summer! (but also kinda sad at the same time).

Oh, here is some news for ya’ll. Jason got to bless the Sacrament on Sunday!! He called and told me that this morning. I am so happy and proud of him! He is such a great guy! Oh and I also saw Jack this past week. He has been having some family trouble, but things are getting better for him. He has kept me up to date with the Jazz, and all my geeky stuff. lol He is a really funny guy! I can't wait till ya'll meet him. He is also planning on going on a mission, so that is wonderful!

This week since we are in kind of a four man with the car, we are going to be going around and seeing people for the other Elder Porter, so he can say his goodbyes. He has been in this area for 6 months! What a long time! It looks like I will be in this area for 4 and a half months. All of my areas so far have been 4 and a half months. First Fernandina, then Lake City and now here in Ocala. Which I don't mind. I like staying in a area for that long, I kind of enjoy it. You get to know the people, your way around and seem to make good progress in that time.

Well I love ya'll lots! Take care of yourselves and tell everyone I said hello and send them a big ol’ Florida humid hello!!

love, Elder (Smiling) Blair

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your help, it is very useful for me,you will get good grades!